One of the challenges of living in a big city is ensuring your constant access to clean water. Sure, tap water can do the trick but anyone can tell you tap water isn’t really clean and bottled water? Well, studies have shown that a lot of them are no better than tap water placed in a plastic bottle. So what can you do?
As a homeowner and mother I’ve found the best way of keeping my family healthy is with the help of water filter pitchers. Why?
Table of Contents
- Best Water Filter Pitcher
- Water Filter Pitchers Review
- Purifying Water: Why You Should Do It?
- Why should I care about purifying my drinking water?
- Why should I buy a water purifying pitcher?
Best Water Filter Pitcher
They’re more economical and practical than water filtering systems yet they work just the same. Below is a list of water pitchers that, in my experience, are the best the market has to offer.
|Product Name||Quality||Price||Our Rating|
|Brita Everyday Water Filter Pitcher, 10 Cup||A-||$|
|Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher||A+||$$$|
|PUR 18-Cup Water Filter Dispenser||B+||$|
|MAVEA 1001125 Elemaris XL 9-Cup||B+||$|
Water Filter Pitchers Review
- The Brita Water Pitcher is the most accessible of this list. This is a good investment for those who want to try filtering pitchers without having to break the bank.
- It has a 10 cup capacity, it’s BPA free and it helps reduce zinc, chlorine taste and odor, copper, mercury and cadmium.
- Better yet, a single Brita Water Pitcher can replace up to 300 plastic water bottles so you’ll be helping both your pocket and the environment at the same time.
- The Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher is a premium water filter pitcher and it shows!
- It’s a little on the expensive side, as it’s more costly than any of the previous pitchers but it’s worth the price when you consider just how many things it can purify! (It also helps that it includes a lifetime guarantee so you at least know you’re covered in that aspect)
This is the kind of filter pitcher you buy when you want to make sure you’re drinking only the purest water.
- The Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher reduces most contaminants, including lead, chlorine, chromium, mercury, DDT and, unlike its competitors, it actually reduces fluoride.
Design wise it’s probably the most attractive because you can actually choose what color it is at and it fits well inside fridges so you won’t run out of space and with filters that can purify up to 150 gallons you won’t run out of water either!
If you’re looking for a larger pitcher then you’re better off with the:
- While the PUR isn’t a pitcher proper it still works just as well as any pitcher out there. It’s design makes it easy to store in the fridge or under the sink and its 18 cup capacity means you won’t have to refill it as often.
- The PUR 18-Cup Water Filter Dispenser’s filtration system reduces more contaminants than the previous two filters, was it works reducing mercury, pharmaceuticals and chlorine, which gives you access to clean and great-tasting water while still leaving behind the beneficial fluoride.
- The PUR works for up to 40 gallons of water before it needs to be replaced but for it’s price I’d say it’s well worth it!
- The first thought to come to mind when you see this pitcher is “slick” and that’s because the people at MAVEA care just as much about functionality as they do about design.
- This advanced water filter pitcher might not be able to hold as much water as the previous ones but it includes a smart filter that doesn’t require you to activate it nor carries the risk of releasing charcoal into your water.
- The MAVEA filter promises to reduce chlorine taste and odor; organic impurities such as benzene; heavy metals such as mercury and cooper; and pesticides such as atrazine, making it a powerful filtering pitcher that you can still get at an affordable price.
- The filters are easy to change, the pitcher is easy to refill and it comes in five different colors from you to choose from. Not only has that but MAVEA had an extensive recycling program that helps you recycle your filter so you can help the environment the entire time.
Purifying Water: Why You Should Do It?
No one debates the importance of having easy access to clean drinking water. In fact, this need is so acknowledged that many homes come with a water filtration system already installed. From faucet mounted to under the sink, getting purified drinking water is easier than ever.
However, not everyone has access to clean drinking water. That’s where alternative purifying methods, such as purifying pitchers, come into play.
You may be asking yourself, why should I bother with purifying my water? To answer that, we made this short list:
Why should I care about purifying my drinking water?
1. It’s Healthier
Tap and even spring water contain fluorine, chlorine, hormones, pesticides and more. Water doesn’t have to look contaminated to be polluted so why risk it?
2. It’s Green
When you have access to purified water in your own house there’s no need to buy water bottles, which help the environment as it reduces plastic waste.
3. It’s Cheaper
Let’s face it, bottle water is expensive. Why waste money buying water bottles when you can have purified water at home?
4. It Tastes Better
It’s true! People who say water has no flavor must have been drinking from the same exact water source every day because anyone who has tried different kinds of water can verify this. Since purified water doesn’t have chemicals it has a cleaner flavor that you’re going to love!
5. It Saves Time
No more boiling water, no more going to the shop to buy water bottles. Just filter your water at home and you’re good to go.
Why should I buy a water purifying pitcher?
Filtering your water helps you improve your health and your family’s. With a water filter pitcher you can ensure your access to clean water within minutes, all from the comfort of your own kitchen and at an affordable price.
It’s a smart choice for the health-conscious, environmentally-aware individual looking to help themselves, and the planet, in simple, easy to achieve ways that truly count. Not only that but buying a pitcher is cheaper than installing a water purifying system at home!
Up to 60% of the human adult body is water so drinking the right kind of water is vitally important. There are many water sources to choose from but not all of them are pure and the ones that are aren’t accessible for everyone.
A water filter pitcher can help you ensure your access to purified water at a reasonable price without having to install any sort of equipment at home.
Isn’t that refreshing?