One of the challenges of living in a big city is ensuring your constant access to clean water. Sure, tap water can do the trick but anyone can tell you tap water isn’t really clean and bottled water? Well, studies have shown that a lot of them are no better than tap water placed in a plastic bottle. So what can you do?
As a homeowner and mother I’ve found the best way of keeping my family healthy is with the help of water filter pitchers. Why?
Table of Contents
Best Water Filter Pitcher
They’re more economical and practical than water filtering systems yet they work just the same. Below is a list of water pitchers that, in my experience, are the best the market has to offer.
Water Filter Pitchers Review
I have used API of Amazon. If you don’t see price, please disable Ad Blocker
Brita Everyday Water Filter Review
- The Brita Water Pitcher is the most accessible of this list. This is a good investment for those who want to try filtering pitchers without having to break the bank.
- It has a 10 cup capacity, it’s BPA free and it helps reduce zinc, chlorine taste and odor, copper, mercury and cadmium.
- Better yet, a single Brita Water Pitcher can replace up to 300 plastic water bottles so you’ll be helping both your pocket and the environment at the same time.
Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher
- The Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher is a premium water filter pitcher and it shows!
- It’s a little on the expensive side, as it’s more costly than any of the previous pitchers but it’s worth the price when you consider just how many things it can purify! (It also helps that it includes a lifetime guarantee so you at least know you’re covered in that aspect)
This is the kind of filter pitcher you buy when you want to make sure you’re drinking only the purest water.
- The Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher reduces most contaminants, including lead, chlorine, chromium, mercury, DDT and, unlike its competitors, it actually reduces fluoride.
Design wise it’s probably the most attractive because you can actually choose what color it is at and it fits well inside fridges so you won’t run out of space and with filters that can purify up to 150 gallons you won’t run out of water either!
If you’re looking for a larger pitcher then you’re better off with the:
PUR 18-Cup Water Filter Pitcher Review
- While the PUR isn’t a pitcher proper it still works just as well as any pitcher out there. It’s design makes it easy to store in the fridge or under the sink and its 18 cup capacity means you won’t have to refill it as often.
- The PUR 18-Cup Water Filter Dispenser’s filtration system reduces more contaminants than the previous two filters, was it works reducing mercury, pharmaceuticals and chlorine, which gives you access to clean and great-tasting water while still leaving behind the beneficial fluoride.
- The PUR works for up to 40 gallons of water before it needs to be replaced but for it’s price I’d say it’s well worth it!
Mavea Water Pitcher Review
- The first thought to come to mind when you see this pitcher is “slick” and that’s because the people at MAVEA care just as much about functionality as they do about design.
- This advanced water filter pitcher might not be able to hold as much water as the previous ones but it includes a smart filter that doesn’t require you to activate it nor carries the risk of releasing charcoal into your water.
- The MAVEA filter promises to reduce chlorine taste and odor; organic impurities such as benzene; heavy metals such as mercury and cooper; and pesticides such as atrazine, making it a powerful filtering pitcher that you can still get at an affordable price.
- The filters are easy to change, the pitcher is easy to refill and it comes in five different colors from you to choose from. Not only has that but MAVEA had an extensive recycling program that helps you recycle your filter so you can help the environment the entire time.
- It’s hard to oversell the importance of clean drinkable water; the human body is made out of almost 60% water after all! While technology and city development makes it easy for us to access drinkable tap water, the truth is that there are trace contaminants in it and bottled water is no better.
- Investing in a water filter pitcher is the smart choice for those worried about their health, as it allows you to filter your water to remove all sorts of impurities before you drink it.