Home Food That Your Beagle Can Eat
All owners worry about what to feed their dogs every day. What exact nutrients does a dog need to stay healthy? How do you know if you’re overfeeding your chihuahua? What home food can beagles eat?
Figuring out what to feed your beagle can be quite a challenge. With the seemingly endless options out there, like kibble, organic mixes, food supplements, and even exotic dog food, it can be easy to overthink balancing nutrition with your budget and your dog’s preferences.
There’s no question that the most inexpensive and accessible type of food to give to your furry buddies is homemade food. When you prepare your dog’s food yourself, you control the ingredients, and know exactly how much you put in. It is an easy way to ensure your dog gets all the nutrients it needs.
Are you wondering what can I feed my beagle without compromising its health? How about the best homemade food for your beagle puppy? Read on!
Can Beagles Eat Homemade Food?
Yes, beagles certainly can eat homemade food. If cooked right, that is the best food for your beagle. Homemade food will help you manage its diet and keep it healthy for many years to come.
If your dog is a fussy eater, you will be able to pack its food with nutrients while catering to its taste preferences.
We are here to share six nutritious and delicious recipes that you can cook for your beagles to enjoy throughout the week. But before you go out shopping for ingredients and preparing your cooking equipment, you must consider the following:
- Know what human food beagles can eat so you can avoid using ingredients that will cause allergies or illnesses. Dog food allergies manifest in different ways, so make sure to keep an eye on your beagle’s reactions to the recipes you will introduce to its diet.
- Learn how to identify purebred beagles as their dietary requirements are different from mixed breeds.
Best Home Food for Your Beagle
- Take a medium-sized bowl and crack all the eggs into it. Using a fork, beat the eggs together until the yolk is mixed with the egg whites.
- Put a cooking pan on medium flame. Once the pan is heated, pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Cook the egg for 6 to 8 minutes and constantly turn it over to properly cook.
- Let the cooked scrambled eggs cool down before serving to your dog.
- Lean ground turkey
- Chicken liver
- Green beans
- Cauliflower florets
- Olive oil
- Take a large skillet and put it on a medium-high flame. Add the turkey meat into the skillet.
- Dice the chicken liver finely and add it to the skillet. If you get any fat residue, drain it off.
- Take the vegetables and pulse them in a food processor.
- Add the vegetables to the meat concoction. Add olive oil and mix thoroughly until cooked.
- Let the turkey dinner cool down before serving.
- Ground beef
- Grain-free flour
- Add ground beef, chopped parsley, yogurt, and eggs into a bowl. Mix all the ingredients well with your hands.
- Add grain-free flour like almond or oat flour into the mixture for binding purposes.
- Make small meatballs out of the mix.
- Bake the meatballs for 20 to 30 minutes in the oven.
- Beef, chicken, or any human-grade meat of your choice
- Diced potatoes
- Diced carrots
- Frozen peas
- Take a large pan and heat it on a medium-high flame.
- Ground the meat and saute it in the pan until thoroughly cooked.
- Add the diced potatoes, carrots, and peas into the meat.
- Pour in enough water to cover the mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil and then let it simmer for 20 minutes or until it is cooked.
- Add a pinch of salt to the end to enhance the flavor.
- Allow the stew to cool down before serving.
Fish and Eggs
- Canned salmon
- Canned tuna
- 4 eggs
- Grain-free flour
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Combine the canned tuna and salmon into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk four eggs. To the fish blend, add in the eggs and your choice of grain-free flour.
- Stir the mixture well and make sure everything is combined thoroughly.
- Spread the fish and eggs mixture onto a baking tray and bake it in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Once the mixture is cooked well, let it cool down. Cut them into small pieces and give them to your dog as treats.
- Mixed chicken meat
- Frozen vegetables of your choice
- Prepare the meat and the vegetable in a pan on medium flame.
- To make the mixture smooth, pour in some water. Place the rice inside the mixture and add more water.
- Put the flame on low heat, put on the lid, and let the mixture cook.
- Once the rice is tender, and the meat and vegetables are thoroughly cooked, turn down the flame.
- Let the mix cool down before you serve it to your beagle.
Benefits of Feeding Homemade Food to Your Beagle
Besides being incredibly tasty and an excellent source of minerals, vitamins, amino acids, and other nutrients, feeding homemade food to your beagles come with its fair share of benefits:
- There are no artificial preservatives involved, and you can cook with the freshest produce available.
- You can prepare dog-friendly food from leftover human meals. This can help you save money and significantly reduce food waste.
- Make sure to identify what foods are bad for beagles. If your dog has severe stomach allergies and food sensitivity, you can regulate its diet and only give it ingredients good for its health.
Now that you know what home food can beagles eat, you can plan your menu for the next week and more! These meals are easy to shop for, simple to make, and most importantly, they are packed with nutrients that your beagle needs.
If your beagle has a favorite among these recipes, let us know in the comments! Happy cooking!