Recently my fiancé and I have started to incorporate healthier eating habits with the goal to lose weight for our wedding! With that goal in mind, we started cooking more from home instead of turning to one of the many restaurants around us for take out. One of the biggest challenges that we faced was setting time apart within our busy schedules to cook our meals since we both work full time jobs as well as juggle other responsibilities. Luckily for us, we have turned to Cosori’s new air fryer with WiFi capabilities because it gives us the ability to control and monitor the cooking process via the Vesync app that is available for both Android and Apple.
What’s the Difference between an Air Fryer and Deep Fryer?
With the rising popularity of air fryers, many still question what sets an air fryer apart from a deep fryer and if it is the better alternative between the two.
Means of cooking
The key difference with the air fryer is within the name of the appliance- it cooks the food by circulating hot air, which means that when we use the COSORI air fryer, we use little (no more than 2 tablespoons) to no oil while cooking. With that said, initially I had the misconception that cooking your food in an air fryer means that you lose flavor in your meals which I ended up being far from right about. I learned that preheating the air fryer is what makes a day and night difference whether you’re making french toast strips, fries, or even “fried” chicken.
The COSORI air fryers makes for easy clean up right after, and definitely alleviates some of the frustration of cooking. Unlike an air fryer, using a deep fryer or cooking on the stove with oil, can cause for oil can jump around and leaves the stove top or counter top messy! The baskets for the COSORI air fryer are also dishwasher safe unlike deep fryers, which requires you to dedicate an estimate of 30-40 minutes to clean it and to even do some quick research on how to clean it properly.
One thing to consider when purchasing an air fryer is that they typically can range in price from 30 dollars from 160 and on the other hand, deep fryers range between 20 to 80 dollars. Although deep fryers are more reasonably priced, air fryers do not have the limitation of what you can cook since you can cook an assortment of meals such as steak, shrimp, chicken wings, and more! In addition, for those who do not have an oven and wish to bake, COSORI has recipes included for cinnamon rolls, muffins, and mini pies! Also, COSORI has two different sizes (3.7 quart or 5.8 quart) for those who want to cook smaller portions or need bigger servings for families! In addition, the COSORI WIFI air fryer comes with a two year warranty that ensures us that we can keep on cooking!
- Wifi enabled – The COSORI Smart WiFi air fryer provides you the ability to control your air fryer by using the Vesync APP with your iOS or Android device from anywhere. You can cook, schedule, adjust and monitor the progress of your meals. This gives you a head start on dinner by scheduling a cook time 4 hours in advance and allows many who live a busy lifestyle to cook healthier meals from home.
- New design – A new slimmer fit in order to save space on your countertop and special improved ergonomic angled display provide better viewing, without bending over!
- Need inspiration on what to cook? The Vesync APP provides you with 100+ original, delicious & pre-programmed recipes to get you cooking with your mobile device. Plus, with the Vesync APP new recipes are added weekly to provide you with the dishes you crave.
- Don’t know where to start? COSORI Smart Wifi air fryer provides a built in digital one-touch screen menu featuring 11 presets- Steak, Poultry, Seafood, Shrimp, Bacon, Frozen Foods, French fries, Vegetables, Root Vegetables, Bread, Desserts, Preheat. Quickly navigate both the intuitive LED touchscreen and VeSync APP to select presets and adjust time and temperature settings. Just open the App, and pick a recipe.
- Baskets are dishwasher safe, PFOA-free & BPA-free. The Product Dimension: 11. 8*11. 8*12. 6 in; Basket Dimension: 9*9*3. 75 in. The XL 5. 8-Quart size serves food for 3-5 people which allows people with families to have servings for everyone! For example, COSORI air fryer’s 5.8- Quart Square Non-stick Basket can fit a 5 lbs-6 lbs entire rotisserie chicken unlike a 4-quart round basket or even smaller one.
- Quicker cooking time – Cooking time is faster than a conventional oven, but with crispier and tastier results! Many often overlook air fryers since it does not require cooking with oil, they believe that that the results will disappoint. However, with preheating the air fryer before, it will lead to delicious meals!
- Safety functions – With the option to start cooking your food when you’re away from home, the concern of no one there to supervise it in case something goes wrong is reasonable. However, with the COSORI Smart Wifi air fryer, it automatically shuts off if the air fryer overheats or if the air fryer experiences 3 minutes of inactivity.
- Healthy way of cooking – For all those who are watching their cholesterol or blood pressure, COSORI air fryer has 85% less fat than traditional deep frying methods, but deliver the same deliciously crunchy taste of fried food with little to no oil and eliminates oil fumes in the house.
As time passes, both my fiancé and I have gotten out of our comfort zone and experimented more with our COSORI Smart Wifi air fryer. However, we only have so little time to try out all 100+ recipes that are included! Included in the recipe book, not only does it have instructions, it includes helpful information such as measurements for the ingredients needed, prep time/cook time, and how many servings it yields to so you can adjust measurements if you need more servings. Instructions for the recipes are very easy to follow and on average the recipes only have 5-9 steps to follow (which includes preheating and allowing time for the food to cool down) which allows those who want a quick but flavorful meal to have the best of both worlds!
Two recipes that have become our favorite for the Santa Maria Ribeye steak along side with some onion rings.
Santa Maria Ribeye
The Santa Maria steak only requires 17 minutes of prep AND cook time. Advice that bears repeating is when using an air fryer, preheating your air fryer is essential for getting the most out of your air fryer! The preset for Steak allows for easy cooking that doesn’t require you to be checking on it constantly and not having to worry about it overcooking!
Onion Rings in Air Fryer
The onion rings requires 30 minutes of prep and cooking time. When cooking small foods that are stacked on top of one another such as chicken nuggets, fries, and onion rings, a tip to consider is to shake the basket for even cooking. Luckily, the COSORI Smart Wifi air fryer has a shake reminder preset that you can select for a reminder for when it’s time to check on small foods and to shake if necessary. Once you place the basket back after shaking, The COSORI air fryer automatically resumes cooking based on your previous settings to allow for smooth use!