Is it Possible to cook pasta in the microwave and if so, how can this be done?If you have ever been faced with no option to prepare your pasta, then you might appreciate the following steps outlined to enable you to utilize the microwave for that purpose. When stuck with no other choice, you can become more adventuring and search out what opening is there to explore. When I first used my microwave to cook pasta some years ago, it was at the point of experimentation rather than a necessity. If you are able to follow through this step by step outline as I have presented here, then you would have added a new approach to your cooking skills.
List of Pasta. Different types, shapes and names of pasta
Tips for Pasta Cooking
- You can blend the pasta a bit for ease of cooking
- You can get the meat pre-cooked if you desire to use any
- Add olive oil to the noodles to reduce the chance of sticking together
- You can chop bits of vegetables to your pasta so as to put some flavor in the mix. Others love to add bits of meat too.
- If your veggies are solidified with the meat, remember to have them taken out of the fridge early so as to reduce your cooking time.
- If the meat and vegetables have been pre-cooked, then add them to the sauce
- Chilled water can be poured over the pasta when taking it off the microwave.
- If you are cooking noodles, do not pour chilled water over them, so they don’t go tricky.
- How well your microwave works can affect the cooking time
Choosing Your Pasta
A clear instruction you need to take to heart is to ensure that your pasta gets submerged totally in water. If this is not the case, it might not cook appropriately as some parts will be crunchy while the underlying parts will besot, giving you a mixed bag.
When you use a bowl, make sure that you choose modular pasta or even a molded one for easy-fit. The microwave pasta cooker gives you more options as you can cook the long-frame or suit-lace variety here with ease. The spaghetti, fettuccine or holy messenger hair, will all cook comfortably with the microwave pasta cooker.
However, thicker pasta like the Penne requires extended cooking time although the pasta will just get cooked more rapidly.
Step by Step Guide
To cook pasta using your microwave can be simple and straightforward. It differs from using the stove, but you are sure to get the same results.
- What you need to do first, is to place the pasta measure you fancy in a microwaveable dish.
- Filling up the bowl with water is next, and you need to be sure that the entire pasta is covered with a little over 1 quarter of an inch extra measure
- Have the microwave plugged into a power source and set the timer at the 10-minute mark.
- At some point, stir the pasta a bit to loosen it up
- When the timer stops, take a look to be sure that no crunchiness can be detected; instead, it should be soft and slimy at this time. If not, place it back into the microwave and set the timer for a couple of minutes more.
- When decently cooked, strain the pasta using a sieve
The pasta is ready to serve, and you can decide on a sauce, some veggies by the side or meat and fish to go in tandem with your taste palate. It can be served for dinner on New Year’s Eve, Thanksgiving Day or your Sunday evening cookout.
Ingredients for Pasta Sauce
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken parts
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons measures of unsalted spread
- 2 garlic cloves (to be minced)
- 1/2 container measure of overwhelming cream
- 2 teaspoon measures of ground lemon get-up-and-go
- 3 tablespoons full of lemon juice
- 1 pound of farfel or your penne pasta
- 1 scoop of kid spinach
- 1/3 container ground measure of Parmesan cheddar
- 1/2 container size of pine nuts (preferably toasted)
- Add 4 quarts measure of water to a mid-size pot. Pat your chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Melt your margarine of one tablespoon scoop in skillet at a warmth of medium to high
- Make sure the chicken gets cooked until pink-free. Doing so should be for about 3 minutes; place on your plate. Apply your remaining margarine to the chicken.
- Add garlic till skillet is exhausted and cook for about 30 seconds to get the fragrance and add your cream to blend.
- Cut up your lemon, squeeze and add to sauce until it is marginally thickened. Cooking time should be around 5 minutes.
- Remove from the cooker and allow it cool
- Toast your pine nuts at medium warmth in a dry skillet, shaking the container until it turns brilliant and fragrant in about 5 minutes.
- Add your pine nuts, sauce, spinach, Parmesan and cartelized chicken to pot and hurl in your pasta-held water (if you prefer this)
- Apply your salt and pepper to season.The sauce is ready to be served, and you can use a deep dish to serve for best effect and your enjoyment.
If you are following the guidelines here to cook your pasta in a microwave, then be diligent to go step by step for ease of cooking and best results. While it might be inevitable sometimes to consider using the microwave to cook your pasta, others might want to give it a try for the fun of it. Irrespective of the motivation, just be sure to share with your friends the lessons learned on this page.You can add your comments right under this article, share to your social media page or let me have some of your ideas on how to excellently cook pasta using a microwave.