If you enjoy cookies and for any reason, you are worried about how to enjoy your delicacy without egg as an ingredient, we have the answers you need here. Having prepared cookies over the past two decades for clients, friends, and family, I assure you that you have little or nothing to lose if you go with egg substitutes to prepare your cookie.
I have outlined here the steps you need to take to have your cookie ready in two options that you can walk through and decide your favorite. They are as easy as they come and here is how you should go:
Your vegan cookies can be prepared with a range of egg substitutes which can contain applesauce, banana, instant mashed potatoes, diet soda, and flaxseeds. The flaxseed is my favorite, and you only need it to bind your flour for it to combine properly.
To prepare your flaxseed for use, take one tablespoon of blended flaxseed and mix it with two tablespoon measure of water to have your gelatinous and thick replacement for an egg that you will love.
Flaxseed is recommended for recipes that are not required to be light textured and in this regard, I prefer it for use in any recipe that requires eggs as a binding agent only.
Benefits of Flaxseed in Cookies
- It cuts your cholesterol levels with its healthy HDL cholesterol boosters.
- It is high in antioxidants that occur naturally with high lignans content which boost colon and breast health by binding runaway estrogens.
- It is rich in the plant source of omega-3 known as Alpha-Linolenic Acid, and a serving of flaxseed produces omega-3 of up to 2400 mg
Vegan Cookie Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you need:
- 3/4 Cup measure of Vegan Butter (Unsalted and at Room Temp)
- 1 Cup measure of Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup fill of prepared Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon measure of Baking Soda
- Egg substitute ( Flaxseed as measured above)
- 1 Teaspoon measure of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups filled with your Rolled Oats (preferably non-instant)
- 1 Cup measure of raisins, cherries or Dried Cranberries
- 1 Cup fill of pecans or walnuts (Optionally toasted or chopped)
- 1/2 Teaspoon scoop of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon scoop of Ground Cinnamon
- Pre-heat your oven for 15 minutes to 350F.
- Your baking sheets (2) should be lined with parchment paper or greased accordingly.
- Beat your sugar and butter until they combine finely. I prefer a hand mixer for this chore.
- Add your flaxseed and water to your blender and only stop when it gets foamy.
- Beat your vanilla extract and flax seed mixture together with your creamed butter. A wooden spoon can do this bit.
- Sift flour, salt, and cinnamon with your baking soda in any medium bowl
- To your flour mix, you should add the wet ingredients till it’s combinedly thoroughly using a spatula for effect.
- Your oats and optional ingredients should be stirred so that you can include them at this time.
- To flatten your cookies to a thickness of about half inch, get your hands wet and press down.
- Baking time should be about 5 minutes and watch out till the cookie turns wet in the middle and is golden brown.
- Next, you want to take it off the heat source and allow it cool off for the next 5 minutes. You should allow it cool completely after placing on a wire rack.
- I love using an aluminum baking sheet, and this allows me to get my cookies ready in under 14 minutes. If you use a baking sheet that is dark color and nonstick your cookies should be ready 13 minutes.
- I have tried Earth Balance Vegan Butter with this recipe as a substitute for regular dairy butter, and this turned out great.
Pure Vanilla Cookie
Using vanilla, you can also have an eggless cookie or along with half teaspoon measure of cardamom powder. You can use your icing on these cookies or go along with your regular confectioner’s sweetening
Before baking, you’ll want to make sure you’ve gathered the following ingredients.
- 3/4 cup measure of plain flour
- 2 tablespoon measure of corn flour
- 1/2 cup filled with icing sugar
- Optional 2 tablespoon measure of milk
- 1/2 cup scoop of butter
- vanilla extract in half teaspoon measure
It’s time for the baking! Follow the instructions precisely below to create a dreamy cookie concoction.
- Pre-heat your oven for 15 minutes to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Your corn flour and regular should be sieved using a bowl.
- Your sugar and butter should be mixed in a different bowl using a hand blender to achieve a fine combination with a creamy and smooth outcome.
- Add your flour mixture to the vanilla extract and allow combination till lumps are eliminated. You can add milk if your dough looks too stiff.
- Make balls of appropriate size from your flour mix and with your palms, flatten to shape and place on your baking sheet.
- Baking time should be about 10 minutes till it is visibly golden brown.
- If your cookie size is large, it can take you up to 12 minutes before it bakes although, in 8 minutes, they can be golden brown and ready for cooling if smaller.
Allow to cool off in the next 5 minutes or so before transferring to your wire rack so that it can completely cool off. You can serve to your guests, add to your lunch pack or preserve in air-tight containers after wrapping with wax paper for later use.
If you have picked up the lessons here on how to make the eggless cookies, do not fail to share with your family and loved ones so they too can walk through and master these routines. You can post, share and like on your social network so people on your timeline can benefit as well.
Your comments, observations, and suggestions are welcome, and you can use the comment column on this page for that purpose. I look forward to seeing what nugget son information you can provide on this topic!