My girls love to eat their Oreos twisted in half and this was my favorite until a decade ago, but I also realize that there are a couple of people that prefer it dunked in milk. My preferred method of having Oreos in recent years is what I consider the superior option, which is to have it as a wholesome milkshake.
I guess not many people have given a thought to making their Oreos at home, but I assure you that if you follow through with the steps I have outlined here, you are surely going to enjoy it and have a yummy time. Here, we’ll show you multiple ways on how to make an Oreo milkshake.
Table of Contents
You can have a classic Oreo delight by combining cookies, chocolate, and milk in a shake.
What you will need
- A pinch of vanilla
- A milk splash
- Shaved chocolate (garnish will do)
You might also consider a shot of coffee liqueur or a touch of espresso powder to create a sophisticated version of this delight with a tasty spike.
The Classic Option
- 1/2 cup measure of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon scoop of vanilla extract
- 1-pint size of vanilla ice cream
- 4 Oreo cookies (add more for the garnish)
- Optional fill of shaved chocolate
Instructions for a Classic Shake
- Place your milkshake glass in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 30minutes before starting out
- Bring out the ice cream and allow softening till it is possible to scoop from the container. Waiting time can be up to 10 minutes
- Wash your blender and add the milk, vanilla and ice cream to it along with the Oreos (4 will do) to the blender.
- Allow the milkshake to blend until it combines and smoothens
- Empty the milkshake into a glass and add the shaved chocolate and the Oreo cookie to garnish.
Once you’ve compiled these ingredients, you can enjoy!
The Liqueur Spike Option
Kahlua Spike Option Ingredients
- 1-pint fill of vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup measure of milk
- 1 tablespoon measure of Kahlua
- Optional sprinkle of Espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon scoop of vanilla extract
- 4 Oreo cookies
Instructions for the Kahlua Spike Option
- Place your milkshake glass in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 30minutes before starting out.
- Bring out the ice cream and allow softening till it is possible to scoop from the container. Waiting time can be up to 10 minutes.
- Add the Kahlua, milk, Oreos, vanilla and ice cream to the blender.
- Allow the mix to blend until it smoothens.
- Empty your milkshake into a glass and add the espresso sprinkling to garnish.
- To arrive at the better texture, add your crushed Oreos. You need to use your hand to break 2 of the Oreo cookies and have them stirred after adding to the milkshake.
- For a minty version, replace your regular Oreos with mint Oreos and apply fresh mint leaves in sprig measure to garnish.
- Peanut butter can be a secondary ingredient or shaved coconut to accentuate the textural delight of your milkshake.
- Use chocolate liqueur or the amaretto liqueur to provide a spin for your vanilla ice cream and Oreo cookies combination. Use an ounce of your liqueur base when blending.
- For a chocolaty spin, add a tablespoon of cocoa powder.
How to make Your Oreos Milkshake Without a Blender
For the option of making your Oreo milkshake without a blender, all ingredients that you need have to be in place for best effects.
- Your milk needs to be very cold and in a condition that you can drink once prepared
- The cookies can be left in the refrigerator for up to an hour to keep them cold.
- For ingredient measure, you can add as you deem fit to suit your taste and size of serving as the recommended count serves as a guide.
- The replacement for the blender can be a hand whip or even an electric one for smoother combination.
- 500 ml measure of cold milk
- Oreo cookies (15 will do)
- 1 cup measure of vanilla ice cream
- Optional topping of whipped cream
- Tall container
- Crush the Oreos with a mortar to reduce the big bits and this you can do after pouring it into a container as a first step.
- Half the milk measure should be poured on the crushed cookies so they can soften.
- Whisk the mix gradually and add the remaining milk portion with the vanilla ice cream until it smoothens. Make sure that the ingredients integrate finely and appropriately in order for you to have a creamier outcome
When you are ready to serve this delicacy, do so in a glass. You can decorate it with a whole cookie on top with some whipped cream for color effect.
You can have your Oreo shake made with no let-ups even if you don’t have a blender using the simple outline provided here. The outcome is sure going to be spectacular and you will enjoy it.
Oreos along with the flavor and texture of the mix present a yummy delicacy that you can have for breakfast or as a snack whenever you desire. The described way of how to make an Oreo milkshake is fitting for both kids and adults with its rich supply of nutrients to keep your body in the right shape for the day. Beyond this reasoning, it’s absolutely delicious.
Your Oreo milkshake can be a dessert recipe, or you can decide to eat it in any way you deem fit as the important note is to make sure you give yourself a treat. It is easy to digest if you have it as a meal on its own, and there is no doubt that your palates will be in for a yummy time.
If you have followed through with this outline, feel free to let your friends and family know about this by sharing, posting and liking on your social network. I will be glad to read your comments and observations on this tutorial.